We live in a time where the chasm between Biblical values and cultural values is increasing. More than ever, darkness reigns in the seemingly “put together,” safe and quiet neighborhoods around us. Red Mountain Community Church must be a clear, loud, and persistent voice in our neighborhoods, work places, schools, stores and businesses, proclaiming in word and deed the good news of Jesus Christ. Our vision remains simple:
We are committed followers of Jesus. This means that in connection with the Spirit, we are a:
Worshiping church: we continually glorify God and offer ourselves as a living sacrifice for Him. Worship includes:
- The verbal declaration of God’s glory.
- The sacrificial lifestyle of serving God.
Deuteronomy 6:5, 13-14; Psalm 2:11-12; Isaiah 6:1-4; John 12:1-8; Romans 12:1; Galatians 5:13-15; Ephesians 5:19-20; Colossians 3:16-17; Hebrews 9:11-14.
Transforming church: we continually engage the personal and corporate work of transformation and renewal to resemble Jesus, the one we are following.
- In partnership with the Spirit and the church body.
- Through cultivating habits in five key areas: in our relationship with the Spirit, in our sacrificial giving, in our meditation on the Scriptures, in our building up the church, in our making other disciples.
Isaiah 6:5-7; Romans 12:1-2; 2 Corinthians 3:17-18; 2 Corinthians 10:3-5; Ephesians 4:17-24; Hebrews 5:13-14; 1 Peter 1:14-19; 2 Peter 1:3-11.
Sending church: we continually are sent out each week by Jesus into our community to make other disciples.
- This is both local and global, long-term and short-term, word and deed.
- Think about who is not here.
Genesis 12:1-3; Exodus 14:1-18; Psalm 46:10; Isaiah 6:8; Matthew 28:18-20; John 17:18; 20:21.
Pastor Kyle Fox taught a three-week series on Committed Followers.